Dea Latis members Jane Peyton, Principle at the School of Booze and Brewster’s Brewery head brewer, Sara Barton, have launched a brand new competition to inspire more women to drink beer by encouraging them to come up with their very own recipe!
And to make this competition even tastier, they are asking entrants to take inspiration from Britain’s leading producer of Fairtrade chocolate, Divine and devise a recipe inspired by one of their brands. You may also win a stash of Divine’s delicious chocolate. If you have never tried beer and chocolate together then now’s the time – it’s amazing!
Unfortunately there are lots of myths about beer which often put women off drinking it – such as that beer will make you fat. Click here so we can dispel some of those fables. Not only is beer delicious, convivial and fun, but consumed moderately it has myriad health benefits too! Want to know more? Then click here.
Are you ready to become a 21st century goddess of beer and enter the competition to brew Ninkasi’s Nectar?
For a chance to brew your very own beer, we invite you to devise a recipe inspired by Divine chocolate. Take a look at our description of popular beer styles and Jane Peyton’s suggestions for matching beer with Divine’s brands. Click here and then open the file under the box headed Divine & Beer.
So for instance, if you like the sound of Divine’s Dark Chocolate with Raspberries then maybe your beer recipe will be for a Porter or Stout containing rose-hips or some other tangy fruit. Or if Divine’s Dark Chocolate with Ginger and Orange is your choice, then ale containing citrus hops, and something spicy like lemongrass might be your suggestion for your unique creation.
Terms & Conditions
• With your entry, please include mobile phone, postal address, and email address.
• The competition closes on December 31st 2011. No entries received after that date will be considered
• Short-listed entrants will be asked to submit a photograph.
• The winner will be invited to brew the beer at Brewster’s Brewery in Grantham, Lincolnshire, UK on a date to be decided by Brewster’s.
• Entries are welcome from anywhere in the world but travel costs to Brewster’s Brewery in Grantham are the responsibility of the winner.
• Sorry but we cannot accept entries from professional brewers.
• The cost of brewing ingredients will be covered by Brewster’s.
• Sara Barton will decide whether to include the beer in the Brewster’s range of ales for sale.
• The winner will permit her image (photograph and video) to be used in publicity material.
• The winner will receive two cases of bottles of the beer she brewed.
• The winner and four runners up will each receive five bars of the Divine chocolate that inspired her recipe.
Thanks to the School of Booze for this information.