As beer loving ladies we couldn’t resist this beery cake recipe from our lovely Spanish friends from Estrella Galicia featuring their Black Coupage, a 7.2%abv Munich Dunkel-style lager.
It could be the perfect diversion for a wet Bank Holiday weekend!
INGREDIENTS: (for 30 servings)
For the sponge:
660ml Black Coupage Beer
240g cocoa powder
For the icing:
250g cream cheese such as Philadelphia
250g icing Sugar
- Add the beer with butter in a saucepan and bring to the boil carefully.
- Add the cocoa and stir.
- In a separate bowl, blend the eggs with the sugar.
- Combine the two mixtures, stirring carefully.
- Sift the flour into the mix gradually and mix carefully each time.
- Pour into a greased cake tin and place it in an oven at 180 degrees for 40 minutes.
- Remove and cool.
- Combine the icing ingredients until smooth.
- Ice the cake and serve with some more Black Coupage Beer.
You can buy the beer from specialist retailer, Beers of Europe at £2.09 a bottle.